Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hibernating.


Hibernating.
Originally uploaded by Morven
THIS IS THE FAMILIAR FACE OF THE DIESELS I GREW UP WITH, the kind of diesels that pulled the railroads before they became nationalized. This was the face I loved, the face that helped me smile at a million people as I went from California to many points east. My favorite spot on these trains was always in the Clubcar, sipping Coca Cola and dreaming about the future as the cacti of the painted desert passed by my window. And there were those nights when all looked even brighter from the Vista Dome Car, sitting beside some young lady who said, "Hello, Sailor". Yes, my friend, you took a great photo.


Hibernating.
This EMD E8 is parked on a hard-to-photograph siding in La Mirada, CA along with a number of passenger cars. It appears in movies occasionally.

Uploaded by Morven on 14 Jun 05,

No comments:

Post a Comment